Saturday, January 21, 2006

My little compass

I think GBK is a compass.

She has been sleeping with me since the mice moved in. I can't stand the thought of them crawling on her in her bed without me there to defend her. RD is worried that they will eat her fingers off in the middle of the night.

So we are now roomies in the guest room. It is fun. We stay up late and read or watch Jay Leno. Which is funny because she walks around... where's Jay? Mama, Where's Jay? When he finally comes on, she gives him her undivided attention. Anytime the camera pans to the left or right taking Jay out of the picture for more than 2 seconds, GBK bolts upright- Where's Jay? Mama, where's Jay? And I have to convince her that he is there and she settles back down to watch.

The real fun starts when we turn off the tube and settle in for sleep. Most of the time she gets comfy and goes to sleep right away. Other nights she takes a while. Tossing this way and that. Pulls the cover on, pushes the cover off. Head on the pillow, head off. Throws the pillow on the floor. UH-OH! Gotta get down and pick it up. Shouts of "bottle! water! cup! Please! PLEASE! Mama!" I tell her to get still and go to sleep! Good grief who gave her the Moutain Dew or coffee or energy drink or whatever it is giving her all of this energy!?

She finally settles in and drifts off. I love her. I snuggle with her. This lasts 2 minutes. Then the toe twitch starts. She pushes me off, rotates around until she is able to dig her feet into my back and then settles down again. Anytime I try to move, she moves with me, feet in the back.

Several nights I have turned in the bed diagonally. She moves too- feet in the back. One night I slept on the other side of the bed. Feet in the back. No matter where I go- her tiny little toes are stabbing my back. It doesn't really hurt... unless she kicks. Sometimes when I roll on my other side, I get her feet in my belly so I roll back over or lie on my back. Still- feet in the back.

She is my little compass- always pointing her toes in my back no matter which way I turn. She is upstairs now fast asleep. He toes are pointing to the head board and her hed is by the foot board. I believe she thinks that she is on the North pole and just totally confused about which direction to point.

2 comments:

KK said...

Well where does the poor man of the house sleep???

You may get your momma license renewed by your wife license may be in trouble.

XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my goddaughter loves Jay Leno. How could this happen?

She is a mess, that little compass.