Thursday, February 09, 2006

photography

I am in a photography class under the direction of a retired professor/photojournalist.

I have been interested in photography for a long, long time. I was a photographer in high school for yearbook and loved hauling my big camera bag around with me, waiting for any possible shot. Sometimes I would take up to 4 rolls of film a day!

Over Christmas break, while out of town, our vehicle was burgularized. A lot of things were taken but my beloved 35mm camera with complete lens set was taken. So once I got my insurance reimbursement money, I ordered a new camera.

I got a Nikon N80 and love it. I have only taken about 4 rolls so far so I am still really trying to figure it out. Last night my mentor gave my photos a critique and showed me what was good, what was bad and what was horrible. HAHA

I have to make sure not to take it all personally. He encourages me so I am ready to get out and take some more photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we are doing this class together - what would I do without you to kick my booty? Yesterday was so inspiring - I could sit and listen to his stories and look at his pictures forever.

Don't get down about the 'constructive criticism'. You are out there and working on it and it's a great thing! And your photography is growing and blossoming just beautifully.