Friday, June 23, 2006

I am gonna tell a really funny but embarrassing story on myself.

Last week, the Schwan's man came to our house to take our food order. It had been a month or so since I had seen him due to vacation time. So we were getting caught up, he was showing me a new catalog and I was giving him my order when I realized GBK was in the other room playing quietly. That should have been my first clue.

A few minutes later she came in with a handful of clean clothes that she had pulled off of the sofa in the den. She threw her clean clothes on the floor leaving her with only one single pair of panties. They did not belong to her.

She held them up for the Schwan's man and scolded him. As she peered at him like a schoolteacher looking down her rimmed glasses, chin nearly touching her chest, saying, "These are Mama's right? No touch. Mama's. OK? No touch. OK?"

It was at that point that I looked up and felt the heat and redness in my cheeks. I said- no GBK, those *aren't* Mama's but we don't show off other people's things, OK? now go put those back.

She didn't know what to do. She just stood there. Holding those Granny panties as stretched out as she could, using both hands, exaggerating the largeness of it all. I was mortified. Humiliated. So embarrassed.

To make matters worse, not only was the Schwan's man there that day, but he also brought along another worker. Another rep or his manager or someone... I never understood who he was really. So I was doubly mortified.

The other guy said- Kids sure can embarrass us huh?

I thought- man, that is an understatement.

I am sure that they laughed about that and told that story a hundred times to friends, family and neighbors.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

It couldn't have been the cute red pair, right? Kids will keep us in our place, that's for sure. This made me laugh outloud. Sooooo funny!

Rebekah said...

Your word verification is very discerning. It took me five attempts to leave a message. It kept rejecting what I typed. Maybe I am just tried and nede to go to bde.