Friday, June 23, 2006

Natchez Nachos

I had so much fun with GBK and her godmother this week in Natchez! I ate great nachos and boudin at Fat Mama's Tamales. And some incredible BBQ at Pig Out Inn. ALl of the people wer nice and the food was awesome. I am ready to go back with RD for a visit.

We did too many fun things to list here. It was the best short vacation ever.

I visited with BellaBelly while there and we visited a cute little children's store... with things too expensive to purchase. I wouldn't have felt right about it.

While in there, I blurted out an admission of a fear that I haven't really talked about much. And a huge wave of heat swept over me. Y'all, I started sweating and a minor panic attack came over me.

What is the phobia you ask? Monograms. I just can not bring myself to monogram anything for GBK. What if I want to use the item again for child number 2? Or 3? Or 4? Or 5? I am not remonogramming it 4 times. And why waste the money to only get to use that super cute, expensive thing for only one child? I can't bring myself to do it.

Also, what if I have it monogrammed and then something *happens* to her? I would fall to pieces. I would never ever be able to get rid of it.

My emotions as I write this are keeping me from even being able to explain myself. I am blubbering these words out.

But seriously, what do you do with an article of clothing once it is monogrammed? You can't give it away, you can't sell it, what do you do? Keep it? Throw it away?

This is really puzzling me.
GBK does have one little diaper bag that I use a lot that has her name on it. Yep, it says Green Bean Kid. No, kidding. It has her name. It is the only thing (that I know of) that has her name on it. I love it. But I will keep it forever, not knowing how to let it pass away. And it is from a good friend that I think of everyone time I see it/use it.

2 comments:

KK said...

this is the weirdest post you've ever done.......

monograms?

Geez, you should worry more about global warming or something!

Love ya.

Rookie Mama said...

It is not something that I worry about. It is a phobia.